Click here to read at horror-movies.ca.
Thanks to Bram Stoker’s Dracula and all the eventual Hollywood adaptations of that prim, Victorian body horror, much of the west sees vampires from a very narrowly European perspective. But the living dead and tales of feinds lapping up the blood of mere mortals are recurring fixtures through out the world’s folklore and popular cultures. Below are listed but a few of the world’s many and varied takes on these creatures and the lore that makes them a global trope in supernatural story telling.
• Native American Vampires of Myth and Legend
• Bloodthirsty Vampires Of India
• Bats in South American Folklore and Ancient Art
• Enchanted Doorway: Vampires in Japanese Myth
• The Camazotz of Mayan Legend
• True Vampires of the Philippines and Malaysia
• Beyond Twilight: 9 Lesser-Known Vampires
EL DESPERTAR DE LA FUERZA
You must be logged in to post a comment.